Adult Diploma Program
Earn Your Diploma Your Way
It’s Never too Late for Learning
Ohio Digital Learning School’s (ODLS’s) Adult 22+ Diploma Program gives you the opportunity to complete the requirements for a high school diploma. It doesn't matter how long ago you left school, at what point, or for whatever reason.
How does it work?
The Adult 22+ Diploma Program provides an alternate pathway for adults ages 22 or older to earn a state-issued high school diploma. The program also provides job training and preparation for an industry-recognized credential aligned to one of Ohio’s in-demand jobs. Once you complete the program requirements and assessments, you’ll be ready for WorkKeys testing which can highlight your employment qualifications and put you on the path to a successful career.
What makes this program different from a traditional high school setting is the delivery of instruction to adults. Instead of measuring academic achievement through clock hours, seat time, or credits earned, the focus is on a competency-based approach that provides a self-paced option. Once you’ve learned specific competencies, you then demonstrate mastery of skill. Each eligible adult works with ODLS to create a customized student success plan. Students have two years in which to complete their diploma requirements.
The ODLS Adult 22+ Diploma Program includes:
- Initial assessment and evaluation of past credits earned
- Work/life credit assessment
- Easy-to-access online credit recovery courses
- Full credit electives and career-focused courses
- Flexible scheduling to help with work/life balance
- Preparation to earn credentials in high-demand careers
- Support and instruction from Ohio-certified, subject-specific teachers
- Customized student success plan