Student Success Programs
Individualized Career Plan
Plan for Success
The entire planning process for a post-high school career, whether that includes college or not, is especially critical for a student who has experienced challenges in the past. We help Ohio Digital Learning School (ODLS) students plan for a future they can attain and feel good about, which helps motivate them in their current studies.
All students complete an Individualized Career Plan, which is designed to help them stay on track for graduation and prepare for what comes after graduation. It includes a plan of study, establishes student learning goals, and is monitored through monthly discussions with the student's advisor and counselor team.
Focus on the Future
Whether students want to attend a four-year college after high school or are focused on a more immediate work path, we offer the right tools to help them evaluate their strengths and interests and explore career directions that will be both satisfying and rewarding.
Students will learn about:
- Financial aid options
- Preparing for a job interview and write a resume
- Setting both short- and long-term education goals to match career interests
- Being successful on the job
Get Guidance from Experienced Counselors
In addition to college and career planning and support tools, students also benefit from one-to-one support from experienced academic counselors, who:
- Guide students to important planning resources
- Track students' career and college goals as part of their Individualized Career Plan—including targeted colleges, scholarships, and career aspirations
School counselors use the OhioMeansJobs K-12 site to guide students to develop their career "backpack" to house their career plan, resume, and information about education and training programs.
Participate in Regular Assessments
At ODLS, we use leading evaluation methods to clearly identify and monitor where each student is academically.
- Each student takes benchmark tests at the beginning of the year to diagnose strengths and challenges.
- We include state testing with a focus on fine-tuning exactly what each student needs.
- We develop realistic learning objectives and a comprehensive, customized plan to reach goals.
- Ongoing testing is administered, as needed, to ensure each student is making progress against goals—enabling teachers and parents to know how much progress a student is actually making.
Teachers work with tools in the online school platform to make sure lesson plans are based on student needs and to see the progress the student has made to date. Parents and older students can use the planning and progress tools to organize their schedule, create flexibility when needed, and track completed work. These easy-to-use features give you the real-time information you want and the structure students need.
The Individualized Career Plan is just one of the innovative tools we use to help your student succeed. Read all about our unique Social and Emotional Learning program.