Individualized Career Plan
A Key Element in Your Student’s Success
The entire planning process for a post-high school career, whether that includes college or not, is especially critical for a student who has experienced challenges in the past. We help Ohio Digital Learning School (ODLS) students plan for a future they can attain and feel good about, which helps motivate them in their current studies.
All students complete an Individualized Career Plan, which is designed to help them stay on track for graduation and prepare for what comes after graduation. It includes a plan of study, establishes student learning goals, and is monitored through monthly discussions with the student’s advisor and counselor team.
A Focus on Preparing for the Future
Whether students aspire to attend a four-year college after high school or are focused on a more immediate work path, we offer the right tools to help them evaluate their own strengths and interests and explore career directions that are both satisfying and rewarding.
Students use resources to learn about themselves, discover career interests, and plan for future career success. They will:
- Learn about financial aid options
- Learn how to prepare for a job interview and write a resume
- Set both short- and long-term education goals to match career interests
- Learn how to be successful on the job
We believe that with this kind of personalized guidance and support, we can help students achieve their dreams and succeed.
Guidance from Experienced Counselors
In addition to college and career planning and support tools, students also benefit from one-to-one support from experienced academic counselors, who:
- Guide students to important planning resources
- Track students’ career and college goals as part of their Individualized Career Plan—including targeted colleges, scholarships, and career aspirations
Our Unique Assessment Testing
At ODLS, we use leading evaluation methods to clearly identify and monitor where each student is academically.
- Each student takes benchmark tests at the beginning of the year to diagnose strengths and challenges.
- We include state testing with a focus on fine-tuning exactly what each student needs.
- We develop realistic learning objectives and a comprehensive, customized plan to reach goals.
- Ongoing testing is administered, as needed, to ensure each student is making progress against goals. This is a powerful aspect of our individualized approach, as it enables teachers and parents to know how much progress a student is actually making.
The Individualized Career Plan is informed by teachers who work with tools in the online school platform to make sure lesson plans are based on student needs and to see the progress he or she has made to date. Parents and older students can use the planning and progress tools to organize their schedule, create flexibility when needed, and track completed work. These easy-to-use features give you the real-time information you want and the structure students need.
As important as the Individualized Career Plan is, it is just one of the innovative elements that make up our plan for your student’s success. Read on to learn about our unique Social and Emotional Learning program.